oh yay it’s christm- finals time.
ho ho no.
Some things I’ve learned in the CBT clinics I’ve been going to regarding anxiety that I thought might be helpful to some.
for real though. i have tried so hard to explain these things to people. jfc.
1. Contrary to popular belief, waking up early isn’t going to drastically alter your life or effect how you’re feeling. So sleep till noon and relish in the way laying in bed all day makes you feel a little more human.
2. Drinking your coffee ‘black’ doesn’t make you cooler or more sophisticated than the rest of us who load in milk and sugar.
3. Being unimpressed by everything makes you look like a twat. Get excited, be overly passionate about something. Enthusiasm is fun.
4. Hating yourself isn’t romantic.
5. Eat whatever you want. your friend’s a vegan? Awesome. Listen to her talk about how great she feels because of it while you tuck in to some chocolate cake. Tell her you feel just as great."
My video SONDER | THE DICTIONARY OF OBSCURE SORROWS is now featured on Vimeo’s Staff Picks. If you haven’t seen it yet, fullscreen it and bask in the HD. Written, edited and narrated by me.
sonder, n. the realization that each random passerby is living a life as vivid and complex as your own.
Andy Goldsworthy works with nature only and creates so-called land art. His works are vulnerable and transient. For his ephermal works, Goldsworthy often uses only his bare hands, teeth and found tools to prepare and arrange the materials.